There are a number of reasons that homeowners consider renovating their bathrooms. A lot goes into the renovation of a bathroom, so it is important to remember the end goal as you plan your ideal space. No matter what the reason the space needs to meet your end goal once the renovation is complete. Consider the following:
- Add an Additional Bathroom: Many older homes have the one-bathroom dilemma. Anyone with more than one person living in a home knows the importance of a second bathroom. When adding an additional bathroom within your home consider if you need a full bath or half bath. A half bath is more common in homes with two full bathrooms.
- Bathroom Expansion: Expanding a bathroom is common in a home with more than one half bath. Homeowners looking to add an additional shower or tub often consider expanding.
- Accommodate the Aging Process: Aging is one of the most common reasons homeowners choose to remodel their bathrooms. Aging bodies need special concessions within spaces that are used multiple times a day like bathrooms and kitchens. Some common renovations that are done because of aging are taller toilets, increased lighting, the addition of grab bars, pulls instead of knobs on cabinets, walk-in showers, and such to ease use.
- Update Plumbing: Sometimes there is absolutely nothing wrong with your bathroom space when it comes to the look or layout but the components keeping it running begin to fail. Signs that your bathrooms plumbing needs upgrading can range from leaky sinks, mold, and low water pressure.
- Improving Utility: Sometimes your bathroom needs to be renovated to increase the usage of the space. It could be from improving ventilation, add storage, put in a bidet, or accommodate an extra person in the space with the addition of a double sink.
- Cosmetic Upgrades: An updated look is always a good reason to renovate your bathroom space. Sometimes a fresh space can really transform a style that has become dated. Often some new cabinetry, a clean coat of paint, updated flooring, and a splash of new tile can really transform a space.
When looking into renovating your space it is important to hire a professional contractor. Even the smallest of spaces, when renovating, can turn into a major disaster for those who go it alone. A professional contractor specializing in bathroom renovations can quickly take your space from dull and dated to functional and fantastic.
JFC Remodeling, out of Howell, Michigan, offers a variety of construction services for the home including: kitchen and bath remodeling, flooring renovations, and home remodeling. You can find out more information at http://www.jfcremodeling.com or by reaching out to our home renovation specialists at 810.923.1123.